Saturday, April 15, 2006
It's Ronntacular!
In honour of the 4 day Easter weekend, and my generally good mood, I have decided to present you with my new favourite thing.

Germany had David 'The Hoff' Hasselhoff.
Australia has embraced 'The Ridge'.

We just love Ronn Moss - he's everything an Aussie should be. He's unpretentious, very funny and such a good sport. I think he's even Rove's most favourite guest ever. And now he's the patron saint of orange juice.

If you care to stroll over to the Vote Ronn website, and wait for the video to load, you'll see Ronn in his Berri fruit juice ad, which cracks me up everytime I see it. It's right up there with the other 2 best ads of all time - the Carlton Draught "it's a big ad, my god it's big" and the Yellow Pages "not happy Jan!".

If you get a kick out of the ad you may also care to take a look at the "Aussie Ronn Generator". I know that's where I'll be spending the rest of my day.


7 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Forget Aussie of the Year. He should be the bloody Prime Minister. I'D vote for him.

Blogger diadima said...

patron saint of orange juice...

you kill me.

Blogger Fella said...

I shall watch them when I am on a computer with speakers.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I laugh my ass off everytime I see that ad or walk past the billboard. All I can think of is that my mum is sitting at home watching his sorry square jaw try and act on "The Bold and The Beautiful"

Blogger Loz said...

i agree, watching him on B&B is horrifying, but this ad is bloody funny. all in all he seems like a great guy - his career aside of course.

Blogger Fella said...

The Aussie Ron(n) generator is great.

"Wombats Rock!"

"I've got a panel van."

"Tax breaks for moustaches."

Blogger Loz said...

"3 day weekends!"

"Ian Moss is my cousin!"

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer