Thursday, March 02, 2006
Do-Dos & Whoa-ohs
So I've been asking myself "What is a fat girl with ugly hair to do with all her spare time?". There are limited options, so I've decided to go with 'start a running program'. It's so very, very boring because for the first 3 weeks you do nothing but walk for 20 minutes every second day. Now I realise that walking is an integral part of any fitness plan - whether you plan to lose weight or just maintain a healthy heart - but I loathe walking. I mean walking from here to the mailbox is fine, or a couple of laps around the shopping centre, but walking a circle around the neighbourhood and ending up back at home seems entirely pointless to me. My idea of exercise is a jog, or a serious run, or some cycling or maybe a decathlon, marathon or similar. Clearly I'm an all or nothing sort of person.

The problem with that is that I don't have a bike, or the ability to decathlacise myself. I also have this theory that if I tried to jog/run I would break several of my leg bones if not the pavement. So the boring 3 weeks of walking must be done first... actually the whole program takes 6 months to complete and at the end of it I should, in theory, be a runner. In the time it takes me to do this program I could, in theory, be the Queen of Sweden, but let's see how it goes.


7 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Dash Bradley's back! Dash Bradley's back!

Blogger diadima said...

this six months thing seems win-win. either you become a marathon athlete- or you can get me a wicked discount on ikea furniture and elderberry stock.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I wish I still lived in Sydney so we could work out together. Well, I wish I still lived there for many reasons, but that would be such an added bonus.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I would go walking/jogging/running with you if it wasn't teeming rain here all the time.

Blogger Loz said...

Mongo: 2 whole houses? you don't mean a duplex do you? god you must have been exhausted after that long and arduous journey!

Uberdoober: i too am beside myself. i don't think he knows where my blog lives now though.

WBB: walking sucks. i hate it. luckily enough my lack of enthusiasm for walking is matched only by my current lack of enthusiasm for food - i have NO appetite whatsoever.

dia: i'm trying to decide now which goal i'd rather strive for. being thing WOULD be nice... but who needs to be thin when you can be Swedish royalty, yah?

brookie: if you did i might actually stand a chance of moving my lardarse of the couch. scary thought!

LMK: i know - it's the wet season in QLD!! i was just talking to one of our QLD sales reps at work today and thinking back to this time last year and we realised it is definitely the rain season now. it will pass!

Mongo: I have to wonder if this has backfired on you anywhere. did you read the comments before agreeing to them? Or have you potentially owned up to a passion for bestiality somewhere in the blogworld?

Blogger Unknown said...

For me, walking is about strolling, about taking in the sights and the fresh air, but when MLA tells me we're going on a walk I know to put on my running shoes and bring my defibrillator.

Blogger KJ said...

If you were genuinely serious and you put some more effort into it, I reckon you could be a runner AND the Queen of Sweden in that time...

But thats if you were REALLY serious about it...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer