Sunday, January 14, 2007
Bring on the Aussie Open
The tennis on Friday was every bit as horrendous as I thought it might be. I did manage to escape without sunburn by applying a new layer of sunscreen every 3 minutes, and I managed to sweat through not only my own clothes but the clothes of all those around me. I actually thought, while sitting in the direct noon sun that I would never, ever be a normal temperature again. We missed out on seeing James Blake play on Friday because whoever he was playing withdrew due to illness, so we watched some of a doubles match (I mean really, what's the point? Doubles isn't real tennis anyway... just like ladies tennis) and Moya vs. Gasquet.

I have a new reason to hate Carlos Moya, and it sounds a little bit like a Hollywood-style Columbian drug lord screaming "Caaarrrrlllllllllito!" approximately every 9 seconds. Why, why, why must his fans be so fucking annoying??

So last night I went back for the men's final and I have decided that I might be in love with James Blake. I do NOT love the annoying kids that sat behind me and talked incessantly for the whole 2 hours of the match, and alternated which player they were barracking for at least 800 times. Go Moya! Go Blake! Go Moya! Go Blake! Plus they were really stupid and ugly.

Tennis looks really stupid from this angle.


2 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Caaarrrrlllllllllito!

Blogger Fella said...

It wasn't that bad.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer