Friday, January 12, 2007
Tennistastic
I'm lucky enough to have the day off work today because I have tickets to the Medibank International men's semi-finals. I bought the tickets months ago and have been really looking forward to going - every summer I go tennis-mad and glue myself to the TV for every match so this year I decided I would attend my first ever famous people tennis day.

Of course... it WOULD be the one and only 40 degree (C) day we've had all summer, wouldn't it? And the stadium doesn't have a roof, so I'll be sitting there for several hours in the sun, simultaneously burning AND melting AND wanting to die, while sipping on a $4 bottle of coke and eating a small tub of $18 chips.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the players that I wanted to watch were actually playing. Lleyton Hewitt? Injured. Rafael Nadal? Injured. Marcos Baghdatis? Loser. I have to settle for James Blake and a bunch of nobodies... and Mr. Has-Been, Carlos Moya. If only Roger Federer would play in Sydney instead of Melbourne for a change... it's enough to make a girl feel unwanted!

I'd like to fast forward to tomorrow night when I have the greatest tickets ever (5 rows back on court level on the side WITHOUT the umpire chair) to the men's final. Though, if James Blake doesn't win today I am going to have trouble remembering who any of the other players are well enough to cheer one of them on.

So if I'm just going to whinge about it why don't I just give it a miss and stay home? Because shut up, that's why.


2 Comments:

Blogger knitty kitty said...

hope you had fun, I wish it was 40 degrees here.

Blogger Fella said...

You know what it is? Federer got that letter you sent him. You know, the one that had your hair in it. Now he think you are going to kidnap him and keep him in a big hole and eventually make a skin-suit out of him.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer