Tuesday, January 02, 2007
2 days in and still going strong
I've made it my mission to spend more time blogging this year, which means that if you're reading this it sux to be you.

I've seen 2 movies this week - I'll tell you my opinions on them and then you can repeat them to your friends as fact, and pretend that you've seen them.

The first one I saw was The Queen. I wasn't sure how much I wanted to see it, but figured there would be postmix Coke involved so I could put up with anything. This movie was actually really interesting and even at times funny. It was kind of jarring and very sad to see all the old Princess Di footage again, but I think they handled the actual crash in a very abstract way so it wasn't sensationalised. Is there nothing Helen Mirren CAN'T do? As for how accurate the whole film was, I couldn't say. It did seem to be pretty even-handed though I would say it did all lean a little towards a "Queen Liz is tops, deep down" sort of sentiment.

The second movie I watched was The Holiday and it was not good. I don't know why it never occured to me before what a horribly bad actress Cameron Diaz is! Someone obviously told her to just play this role as "neurotic" and she didn't try to read anything else into it. Plus, her character's backstory about her family was so effing pathetic I wanted to slap her hard, and not in a good way. Kate Winslet was lovely as always, Jack Black was what you would expect, and Jude Law actually put in a reasonable performance. Overall the movie was just boring and it seemed like whoever wrote it left it all to the night before it was due. A big wankfest, really.

And I'm spent.


5 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I don't know what post-mix coke is.

Also, what's wrong with big wankfests?

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I heard "The Holiday" was awful, I'm glad you confirmed it to save me some time.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never hear the term before either, but if I had to guess I'd say that post-mix simply means that the Coke syrup is mixed with water and carbon dioxide on site rather than pre-mixed in a factory like bottles and cans.

You know, like the kind of Coke you'd likely get at a movie theatre.

Blogger Loz said...

nick: you should leave the house more

lmk: you should definitely see it, you know... if you need to slip into a coma for any reason.

anthony: correct. you're ever so smart. i'd like to reward you with mac and cheese.

Blogger Fella said...

We have that too, we just call it "coke".

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer