Thursday, April 12, 2007
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau
I'm frustrated.

While I was triumphant in getting to my mini-goal early last month I have lost a disgustingly pitiful amount of weight since then. It hardly warrants a mention but I've lost 400g in 3 weeks. I know, it makes me feel quite ill too. If I could have lost another 100g this week I at least would have reached a weight milestone that would have helped psychologically, so I feel somewhat like I'm bashing my head against a wall (which does not burn nearly enough calories, as it turns out).

But the thing is, now I have a deadline. It's not like I have all the time in the world to lose this weight - I need to have lost another 2.1kg by May 10 to be able to enter the Slimmer of the Year competition. I suppose in theory I could win a car or at the very least some new clothes and a makeover, but the real reason I am dying to enter it is so that I have the satisfaction of knowing that I qualified for it. If I don't get to the goal in time, I will have to wait another 12 months for that feeling of accomplishment, and it's possible that I am the least patient person any of you have ever met.

There IS good news though... earlier this week I wore my new size 14 pants to work, and not only did they actually do up, but they were COMFORTABLE. I just checked this out for relevance and an Australian 14 is a US size 10. When I started this caper a year ago I was wearing a 20 or 22 (US 16 or 18) in just about everything, so I suppose the good news is I've lost 3 or 4 dress sizes. I've lost 22cm around my waist, and 4.5cm around my neck. And I never even realised I had a fat neck...

But like I said, I'm frustrated.

Labels: , ,



10 Comments:

Blogger knitty kitty said...

yay!!!
Congrats on all the hard work, you have been so dedicated!

Blogger KJ said...

Indeed - banging your head against the wall doesn't burn many calories... BUT, if you detach the wall from the rest of the housing structure, and bang IT against your HEAD, then you'll be amazed and how many calories that will burn...

Blogger msmachine said...

You have done such a great job. That is really an amazing accomplishment. Hope you reach your goals.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Woohoo! Please be proud of yourself. You are my inspiration. I've just started NutriSystem! I too have a fat neck - who knew that necklaces could be tight?

Blogger Loz said...

LMK: Thank you! Today I was dedicated to eating pizza.

Kallun: You're on to something there. I'll let you know it goes when I try it.

MsM: Thank you very much :D the pizza may have set me back today, I may have to skip dinner.

Brooke: Haha!! It's true... the pendant my necklace now sits as low as it should and doesn't tickly my earlobes. I also had fat fingers!!! My ruby ring nearly slides off of its own accord now!
GOOD LUCK GIRLY!

Blogger Ubermilf said...

You're probably so near your ideal weight that your body is slowing down the losing process.

I'm glad you're feeling good, but I love you for your mind, so I don't care what size pants you wear.

Blogger Aaron said...

so long as someone's WEARING pants I think we're all good!

good luck with that last 2.1kg, I'm sure its doable if you've come so far already!

Blogger Fella said...

Pants are overrated.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

How's it going? I've lost 12 pounds!!! Woohoo!

Blogger Loz said...

Woohoo @ you Brooke!! That's awesome...

I'm having a drama or two with my scales but I hope that we will be friends again soon.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer