Sunday, October 29, 2006
ARIA Awards - grainy photos a-go-go!
Last night I went to the ARIA Awards. I saw them and they were good.

Opening the show was Eskimo Joe (favourites of mine):
How damn cute is Stu????
We also saw Wolfmother (incredibly awesome):

Pete Murray performed with John Mayer (THE John Mayer), and silverchair did a tribute performance to Midnight Oil. I don't even have words to describe how good all of the songs were - even people I can't stand to listen to (like Hilltop Hoods) seemed good. The Veronicas proved to everyone that they really can sing - despite things I have said about them in the past I would now not hesitate to spend cold hard cash on seeing them in concert. Youthgroup, Human Nature and Bernard Fanning all bored me to tears, but you can't win 'em all.

Afterall, I saw Eskimo Joe, Wolfmother and the almighty silverchair rock out all in the one place. If I died tonight it would be as a happy woman.


6 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

Glad it rocked because it was damn good on TV!
Be that as it may, don't go dying.

Blogger Loz said...

i did not die, but that's only so i can stay alive long enough to see eskimo joe and wolfmother again.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You wild woman!

Blogger Aaron said...

wow, I thought silverchair had broken up, never hear about them over here anymore, which is too bad.

Blogger Loz said...

we don't hear much about them here either, but apparently they have a new album coming out next year. one of those groups you definitely must see live at least once in your life.

Blogger Fella said...

Damn that sounds like a great set.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer