Tuesday, August 08, 2006
It's all about me, again.
I just read in the census booklet that in 2001 there were 350,000 more single females aged 18 and over than males aged 18 and over. How is that fair? Like I didn't have enough to contend with already!

I'm looking in the mirror these days and not enjoying the view. Instead of seeing me minus 13kg, what I see is someone who has gained about 100kg - I think even my head got wider. Am I taking the train to Crazytown or what? Is it some weird mood that will pass, or am I always going to feel fatter than ever regardless of how much I lose? Or can I only be happy about a certain number of things at a time? Now that work is going great, do I need to find something else to whinge about? (Regular readers will know that's not a problem for me...). I was sick last week with the flu or some such crap, and spent a lot of time sleeping and unable to eat... in a surprising throwback to the good old days I started to see this sort of behaviour as a viable lifestyle choice and ingenius way to lose weight. I AM going to Crazytown, with bags of guilt and secrets to take with me.

Sometimes I just feel so unplugged.


6 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

Well, I don't know how much it counts for, but I think you're exceptionally lovely.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

nick you know what it counts for, squat.

My opinion on the other hand is valuable. Losing weight changes everything and takes adjustment, your body is going to look completely different! Thats a major thing to get used to. In the words of my year 8 students:
you are sooooooo not crazy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you need the help of a Psychologist? It took you the time to put the weight on, it will take you time to take the weight off and it will take you time to adjust to that weight loss mentally too!! It really sounds like you need some professional guidance!!! I personally swear by it! (Now *I* sound crazee!!!)

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Do they have a support group in Australia like T.O.P.S or something? Because some group support might help.

Blogger Loz said...

without knowing what T.O.P.S is, i will have to say 'no'. the judges would like more information, please.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.tops.org

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer