Thursday, July 19, 2007
This is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down
I saw Harry Potter tonight, it was disappointing in that it left out about 99% of the story that was in the book. Also there was very, VERY little Draco Malfoy content - an oversight that will make the film for the sixth book very confusing. Nerdishly, I have pre-ordered a copy of The Deathly Hallows to pick up on Saturday and read in its entirety almost immediately.

Have you ever noticed that when you hurt your hand - say, with a paper cut or similar - that you then proceed to hurt the same hand about 800 more times? I can see 6 cuts on my right hand right now and I don't know how any of them got there. Thanks to the freezingness of winter I am not able to feel any of them though, which is nice.

I'm not used to feeling this cold. I suppose that for the last 6 or so winters I have been overweight and so encased in a nice blubbery layer that protected me from coldness. Without that fat to keep me warm I find I have turned into one of those annoying girls who freezes the second the temperature drops below 25. My hands are the worst - they turn purple and lose feeling, and my knuckles have split open in protest and shock. Would I trade any of these problems to be 30kg heavier again? No thanks.

Incidentally I've reached my Weight Watchers goal weight and maintained it for 8 weeks now, so I can now use their services for free. As far as they're concerned I could weigh this forever and they'd be happy, but I have 3.6kg to lose to reach my own personal goal so, as they say, there is no rest for the wicked. And by that I mean me.

Labels:



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you either mean -25 or 25 fahrenheit.

Blogger Loz said...

I warned you that it was annoying. We had our coldest winter morning in 21 years this week - it was 1.5C as i left for work...

Blogger Aaron said...

i'm not sure we've had a 'summer' day over 25 in the past three weeks.

congrats on the goal weight though, good luck with the last little bit.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1.5C sounds like a nice mid-winter thaw to me.

Blogger Loz said...

thanks aaron. it should be noted that in about 6 months time i will be complaining incessantly about the heat and why i hate summer so much... but if it could just be 35 degrees, right now, i would be overjoyed.

anthony: you're welcome to 1.5C all year round if you want it. let's call it your endless winter.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer