Monday, November 13, 2006
So, you like..... stuff?
I found out a few days ago that I have a gallstone, and as such before too long I will be without my gall bladder. I haven't thought about it in too much detail at this stage so I'm not worried, but you just wait until the reality of my impending surgery sinks in! I haven't been any further than the emergency department since I was 4, and it's not really something I had on my 'to-do' list, if you know what I mean. At the moment my greatest concern is having to use a bedpan, but I think the whole "having part of myself removed" thing will take over soon.

Still, all of this pales dismally in comparison to the death of Belinda Emmett. It hasn't been a good year for Australian celebs, and she really was a beautiful, brave and inspirational lady.

This ad is not funny or thought-provoking or anything like that, but I find it soothing. Ah, the serenity.


17 Comments:

Blogger Loz said...

i'll check the specifics on that nick, but i think that would still require surgery so it doesn't solve many problems for me. thanks for the offer though!

Blogger KJ said...

Yeah, you can have Anthony's...

Blogger Loz said...

i think anthony should keep his to sell on the black market when he needs money.

Blogger KJ said...

That's what kidneys are for...

Blogger Loz said...

KIDNEY. Singular. Just in case you were going to try and sell both of yours... that'll kill ya.

Blogger KJ said...

That's what a dialysis machine is for... Geez! Do I have to think of everything for you?

Blogger Dash Bradley said...

Eh, gall bladders come, and they go. Good riddance. You're better off! Bastard gall bladder!

Blogger Loz said...

Kallun - you don't HAVE to, but why break with tradition?

Dash - my gall bladder is so dumped. i can do better, i have other bladders that don't make me feel bad!

Blogger Fella said...

you can have Anthony's.

Blogger KJ said...

Hey! If you don't want his gallbladder, I'll take it.

Blogger Fella said...

Good man, Kallun. Good man.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

are you trying to show me up? cause I think you are...
teehee

Blogger Loz said...

now that's not true... as you will see i put our LMK in the credit section for providing the inspiration. anyway her template is looking mighty fine!

besides, i hardly had to do anything, fabulous as the pre-packaged template was.

Blogger Michelle said...

I had my gallbladder out about 3 years ago and it was a BLESSING!! I had lived with it being crappy for about 2 years and didn't realise how it impacted on my health! I had keyhole surgery and was as right as rain 2 weeks later!

Blogger Loz said...

Michelle - good to hear! i have had problems with mine for 5 years and they've only just been able to diagnose it for some reason... i am definitely looking forward to being more comfortable but not looking forward to the actual hospital part.

Blogger Michelle said...

I know what you mean, I made sure I went home the night of the operation (after throwing up a few times) I was determined to sleep in my own bed that night!

Did you know it's an inherited condition and more women have it then men!

Blogger Loz said...

that doesn't surprise me... women have to deal with alot of stuff, why shouldn't we just add this one to the list??

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer