Wednesday, June 14, 2006
So Angry I Can't See Straight
I HATE my job.
Yesterday I was treated like shit and yelled at by a customer who had no reason to be angry, and then she hung up on me while I was talking. I've never experienced real rage before, but I'm pretty sure that was the reason my vision blurred and I could feel things moving in my head. It's not that one particular rude friggen bitch that made me so angry, it's being treated like garbage constantly, it's about a total lack of motivation and happiness at work... it's knowing that my hatred of my job is infecting the rest of my life.

I will get out, but I'm not silly enough to leave with no money or somewhere else to go. I have a plan, and I'm working on it everyday. It does not involve fire.


13 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I'm going through something similar currently, only when a customer does that shit to me I just say "Oh my God, I care so little I almost passed out." That always makes them feel like we understand and care about them and their stupid little problems.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that last sentence!!!

Blogger Loz said...

Nick: Didn't Dr. Cox say that once?

Anon: Thanks. It doesn't. Just in case something happens... I don't want to be targeted as Disgruntled Employee #1.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

My brother used to always say goodbye to his rude customers by saying, "Fuck you very much." They were never quite sure what he had said. Try it!

Blogger Fella said...

Yes he did. Words to live by.

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Does your plan involve staying at my house? Because I'll have to put sheets on the spare bed and make extra waffles in the morning if it does.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

i want waffles.
Come up to queensland. we will party.

Blogger Loz said...

Brooke: I would probably ruin that by giggling everytime i said it.

Ubie: Yes, I was just hinting for an invitation. It was my plan all along and now you have played right into my hand!

LMK: I don't think even Queensland can solve my problems! Now that you've seen how awesome Sydney is I'm sure you understand...

Blogger KJ said...

If your plan doesn't involve fire, you can't be REALLY angry...

Blogger Loz said...

I'm not going to jail for that place! Hell, I'm not even going to the shops for that place!

In a related topic, we got a call today from the Big Brother producers saying that our tap in the BB house kitchen is broken... hehe!! We need to send someone in to service it, which means the housemates get locked in the bedroom for our shonky product.

Blogger KJ said...

Gutless!

Blogger Loz said...

You spaz... if my plan did involve fire it's not like I would admit it in such a public way! By the way, did you get that accelerant I asked you for?

Blogger Fella said...

I'll bring the marshmallows, we'll have us a hootenanny.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer