Monday, June 05, 2006
New Toys
I've come out of the dark ages at last - I have a new computer!! Though it DOES seem stupid to have spent so much money simply so I could buy and use a $100 mp3 player, I'm happy. I've gone a little download crazy with the music though, I LOVE being able to find all these songs I've wanted to have a copy of for years... only I was too tight to buy a $30 CD for one song. My favourite purchases so far are 'From the Sea' by Eskimo Joe, 'Pink Triangle' by Weezer and 'Counting the Beat' by The Swingers. I just had a great idea about reliving my childhood with some New Kids on the Block tracks, but I'm still hesitant to spend cash money on such a thing. Well maybe just one... shut up. I tried to get some Iron Butterfly for my mum to use as a ringtone on her phone but the songs I've downloaded are all in .wma format not mp3 and I don't know how to work that all out. Any clues?

So now that I have my ghd hair straightener, new laptop and pink mp3 player my life is officially complete. What, like that makes me shallow?


19 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I went to a speech by Tim Costello's brother, and apparently yes it does make you shallow.
But I wouldn't feel bad, I love my mp3 player, laptop and hair straightener. LOVE THEM

Blogger Loz said...

Those Costello's are concerning. Well, one of them isn't too bad but I can never remember which one. Clearly neither of them have attained the trifecta of perfection like we have.

Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

the one I saw is the president of worldvision and a minister and a pretty damn good speaker.
And he doesn't like the government all that much

Blogger Loz said...

That one is Tim. Peter is the evil Federal Treasurer. I don't know how they came out of the same family.

Blogger Fella said...

I'm sorry did you say "pink"?

Blogger Loz said...

You know it.
Pink as pink can be. Pink!

Blogger Fella said...

I was going to make fun of your pink mp3 player, but then you called me cute and I can't bring myself to do it.

Blogger Loz said...

is that all it takes?

Blogger Loz said...

Well I now feel free to mention that I DID download a New Kids song and I have been enjoying it very much. You're so cute. Now you can't pick on me!

Blogger Fella said...

What's not to love about NKOTB?

Blogger Loz said...

Exactly... they've got the right stuff, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

And I am in the process of getting myself a pink cell phone, but I just can't seem to do it. You may have inspired me!

I would like to say that I am so glad I am too old to have NKOTB as part of my childhood. Andy Gibb baby!!

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Nick is cute!

Blogger Fella said...

Cute? I don't know. It seems so damn... literal.

Blogger Loz said...

I tried playing an mp3 on a toasted sandwich but the sound quality was terrible.

Blogger Loz said...

oh yeah, and considering i'm trying to lose weight the more food i can replace with material possessions, the better

Blogger Fella said...

Although you might be on to something with that edible mp3 player thing.

Maybe we'll be able to get our cheeto house, yet!

Blogger Fella said...

Oh, and Anthony, don't player hate. Player apprecaite.

Blogger Loz said...

I see it's time to bring the word verification back...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer