Sunday, May 21, 2006
364 days til my birthday...
So I have passed unceremoniously into my 26th year - big ups to me. Let's hear it for cheaper car insurance and being halfway to 50.
I took it easy on the diet this weekend so I could relax and enjoy my birthday without counting points, and as it turns out I am more relaxed now when dieting. I did enjoy myself, true, but I am completely over it now and I am looking forward to eating normally tomorrow. On Friday I went to the movies and had some popcorn and real Pepsi (that was great), then on Saturday I had a sausage mcmuffin etc (for anyone counting we're now up to about 21 points), parisienne shortbread, garlic prawns, chilli bread, veal in a lemon and butter creamy sauce, plus free birthday tiramisu (412 points). Then today I went out for lunch with my Dad and had a glass of wine, some garlic bread, some antipasto, crusty bread with olive oil and vinegar, and some chorizo/cheese/olive/basil pizza (49.8 million points). I am so glad it's over, as delicious as it all was. Next year I'm just going to stick a birthday candle in a rice cake and be done with it.
I'm shocked to discover that my 'diet' is now more normal to me than my old eating habits. My my, folks, I think I have a new lifestyle.

P.S - If you see my little tracker move backwards this week, don't worry. With my new dietlust 'I am not worried, I am not overly concerned'.


4 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

I still think that my suggested title for this post was better.

Happy Birthday.

Blogger Loz said...

One could argue that ANY suggested title would be better than the one I used.

Blogger diadima said...

holy shizz

i'd just like to say that i am currently listening to an mp3 of anna begins and i am mildly/moderately disturbed by the freakish coincidence of the song lyrics included in this post.

the only explanation is that we are fraternal twins separated at birth.

Blogger Loz said...

either that or you were listening to is because i WILLED you to choose that song. yes, i am that powerful.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer